Sunday, November 23, 2008

Vacation Highlights 2

Let's continue where I left off.

I was listening to a three part song-story-thingy by the vocaloids Rin and Len on Youtube. The story is about a pair of twins, Rin and Len, who have the same face, but different destinies. Rin is a princess, whereas Len is a servant. Rin is pure evil - she started a war out of jealousy, and merely cares about her own personal needs, not her people's. One day, her people started to rebel. They captured her and locked her up, wanting to kill her. However, Len could not bear the thought of his twin sister dying, so he died for her in her place. After his death, Rin immediately regretted her actions, but all is too late already.

Sounds like a typical stupid story, right? But if you look deeper into it, you can spot the sacrifice of a brother for his sister, out of love. People nowadays lament about their siblings, and how they hate them to the core. If only everyone is like Len. Sigh. Also, you can spot the regret, which is so obvious. Why regret, if you can prevent it in the first place? Why should we regret? It really got me thinking. If we can do something right, we would not have to live with regret for our whole life. But people would only regret once they lose something dear to them. Though it seems so stupid, this is just our way. The way of humans.

So, the only solution is to treasure everything we have, right? Easier said than done, people.

I read a comic book, which is unlike all comic books. All comic books out there are all about action, romance, blah blah. But not this. This book pulls at your heartstrings and moves you so deeply it draws tears.

There are many short stories within, but the one I remember the best is this one.

This traveling guy met a traveling circus troupe. He found out that the props they use are truly pretty and intricate, but guess what. Everything was made by the head of the troupe. And slowly, this traveling guy discovered the head's past.

Since he is part of a traveling troupe, he can only go back to see his family once in a blue moon. He has a daughter and a wife. However, one day, when he went back, he found that his wife has a new husband, and his beloved daughter, a new father. His wife told him, "Do not blame me. I am only doing what's best for my daughter and I." He could not blame his wife for that. So, he made a doll that resembles his daughter for his daughter. However, his daughter told him, "Thank you, it is very pretty. However, mommy told me not to accept gifts from a stranger." His daughter did not even recognise him.

Yet, he could still find the strong will to live on, to be there for his troupe, to make them happy, and most importantly, to perform with all the joy in the world on stage, since he knows that the audience wants joy from watching them, not sorrow and pain.

When I finished reading the story, I cried. Call me soft or whatever, but I find that he really is a poor thing. His heart must have shattered when he heard what his daughter told him. Yet he is so brave, that he did not vent his anger or just go off into some corner and brood over what he has lost. He has chosen a path - the circus troupe - and he will believe in it and stick to it. He showered the whole audience with all the joy that he could muster, instead of self-pitying himself. He did not want others to feel the same.

Isn't that brave? How many people in our era could do that? If he could do it, why not us? Why brood over what we have lost? There's no point crying over spilled milk. We should just forget about the past and brace ourselves for what the future holds. This way, everyone would be happy, right?

If everyone can do that, there would be world peace already. Think about it.

I believe I have posted a lot already. Mmm, now I shall just take my leave. Yes, I will miss all of you, if this is the last post of this blog. Farewell, everyone, and may our paths cross again.

On a side note, Merry Christmas, everyone, and a very Happy Birthday to me.(:

No comments: